This warranty is designed to cover both our electric and non-electric versions purchased directly from Boxer Cycles Ltd, either via our website, or via email or telephone order. If a Boxer product has been purchased through an authorised reseller then their warranty may be different, please contact your reseller to check the details of their warranty in the first instance. This warranty does not cover any defects if you have purchased a Boxer product from an unauthorised reseller or second hand.
We can only offer warranty to customers who can present valid proof of purchase and date of purchase.
This warranty is not transferable.
These warranty conditions are applicable for manufacturing defects. The different periods of the warranty are described below. This warranty does not include normal wear and tear items which are highlighted later in this document.
The following parts are included under warranty:
- 2 years on Shimano Lithium-Ion Polymer battery
- 12 year on Shimano electric motor system
- 2 year on optional extra 12 volt electric system parts when fitted. Includes DCDC converter, horn, light fittings (excludes bulbs) and control cluster switch.
- 2 year for Lithium battery charger
- 2 years on frame for defects caused by corrosion or fatigue but excluding corrosion caused by scratch penetration of powder coating.
- 2 years for the wooden panels of the cargo box if fitted – includes delamination of wood but excludes any deterioration of wood caused by penetration of the protective surface by wear and tear or deep scratching.
- 2 years on ‘non wear and tear items’
- The warranty period starts on the day of delivery;
- The warranty is personal and not transferable;
- Boxer Cycles Ltd reserves the right to decide the cause of any warranty claim items and its judgement is binding.
Items defined as ‘non wear and tear’ items
- Seat post
- Brake calipers
- Gear freewheel
- Cargo box seats
- Rain cover
- Brake levers
- Gear shifter (if fitted)
- Pivot shaft and bearings
- Steering damper
- Crank (if fitted)
Items defined as wear and tear items excluded from warranty
- Inner tubes
- Brake pads
- Handlebar grips
- Battery light set
- Bulbs for optional extra ‘12 V lighting set’
- Gear cables (if fitted)
- Hydraulic hoses
- Spring clips for bumper
- Loose nuts or bolts
Damage caused during transport or other damage and / flaws:
Please refer to our purchase terms and conditions for our policy
Please note that your warranty expires, if;
- the defects are caused by improper use or inadequate maintenance as deemed by Boxer or an authorised reseller;
‘improper use’ is defined as;
riding directly up and down curbs;
- side impact against curbs;
- riding on two wheels;
- loading of the cargo bike above the maximum load of 120 kg;
- repairs carried out by non-authorised personnel or modifications to the product, as well as replacement of parts of the product not acknowledged or overseen by Boxer Cycles Ltd.
- If non-standard parts are used. (unless approved by Boxer);
- In case of damage, arising from exceeding the design speed of the cycle or extended off road use (e.g. racing) ;
- In case of damage, arising as a result of an impact caused in an accident or malicious damage.
Instances where no warranty is present:
- If the standard components on the delivered trike have been upgraded, modified or removed;
- If the cycles are used for any commercial application such as renting, marketing or other like applications where it has been deemed that the rider was not properly trained and supervised in how to use the cycle.
Replacement of parts:
- Boxer Cycles offers a ‘back to base’ warranty. This means that the cycle can be returned to us or our authorised reseller at the owners expense and parts will be replaced free of charge. Should the cycle not be able to be returned to us or our authorised reseller then the parts will be sent to a cycle store that is local to you or to you directly if Boxer decides that you are technically proficient to fit the parts.
- Boxer Cycles does not cover the costs of any third party commissioned to perform parts replacement where the back to base warranty is not observed.
- Any such warranty return of cycles or parts must first be approved in writing by Boxer Cycles Ltd. Any parts or complete cycles that our returned to us without prior consent will be returned to the customer at their expense.
Boxer reserves the right to determine if its warranty is being abused by customers. Abuse of the guarantee could lead to Boxer Cycles Ltd issuing a declaration of expense for costs incurred to the customer.
Warranty claim procedure:
If you wish to make a warranty claim please contact Boxer Cycles Ltd or your authorised reseller;
Boxer’s service department can be contacted via email, telephone or by post, please ensure that you have your model number and your invoice number to hand;
or by telephone +44 ( 0 ) 1202 911 980 (on weekdays from 9:00am to 5:00pm).
Or by post to Boxer Cycles Ltd, Unit 12, 35 Willis Way, Poole, Dorset BH15 3SZ, United Kingdom
If the service department cannot identify or fix the with the customer’s assistance over the phone or via email or post, the customer will be asked to either send the part or cycle to us or to an authorised reseller or local cycle store. Boxer reserves the right to decide the suitability of an external third party to implement any parts replacements or repairs. Should a third party be deemed not suitable Boxer will to its best endeavours recommend a third party that is suitable.
Important notice to prevent warranty claims and potential injury.
Boxer products are pedal cycles and as a result need the same level of regular and knowledgeable maintenance that any other cycles needs. Failure to perform regular checks and maintenance to the cycle could result in the cycle becoming unsafe to ride. It is essential that before riding the user checks that all of the brakes work effectively and the cycle does not pull to the left or right. Tyres must also be kept inflated to the upper limit indicated on the side of the tyre – this must be done with a proper tyre pressure gauge or a pump with a tyre pressure gauge built in.
If you are not proficient or confident in cycle maintenance it is strongly advised that you submit your trike for a check at a local cycle store once every three months or whenever it fails to stop in good time when the brakes are applied or if any other unusual performance defects arise.
If you are technically proficient, regularly check the brakes and gears and if necessary adjust them in accordance with the user manual.